How Solar Panels Work
Solar panel sales are increasing every day as awareness grows about climate change, renewable energy, and the cost of electricity. Solar energy is a fantastic way to harness green energy in your home or business from the sun. Although popularity is growing, many people still do not know how solar panels work, they understand the overall concept, but not the specifics. Simply Solar has put together a step-by-step basic description of how solar panels work. Contact our team for further questions about converting your home to solar energy.
In short, solar panels work by absorbing sunlight and converting it into energy. Most people know this basic version. The more specific step-by-step details are as follows:
- Silicon photovoltaic cells within the solar panels absorb the sun’s energy.
- Electrons begin to move within the cells and create a flow of electric current.
- The photovoltaic cells then convert the sun’s energy into direct current (DC) electricity.
- Connected to the solar panel, the solar inverter converts the DC electricity from the solar modules to alternating current (AC) electricity. This step is essential because most home appliances and electronics use AC electricity, not DC electricity.
- Electricity is then able to flow through your home to power electronic devices.
- Any excess energy that is created gets sold back to the grid giving you a credit on your account.
Contact Simply Solar For Your Own Solar Panel Installation!
To enjoy renewable energy in the comfort of your home, use solar power! Installing solar panels is easier than ever with Simply Solar and soon you can experience green energy right in your home or business too. Call Simply Solar at (707) 285-7037 or request an estimate online. We can’t wait to achieve your solar power needs!